As a business school it is essential for JIBS to have close ties to business and society. To ensure a positive footprint in society, engagement with the local business life as well as relevant public sector organizations has been an outspoken priority since the school was founded.
In research this commitment shows through engaged scholarship and commissioned research. Our research centers play an important role in maintaining connections to practice, for example by offering customized education or workshops. In education, the collaboration with business provides an opportunity for students to solve authentic business problems as part of their coursework. To ensure that the content and continuous improvements of study programmes are relevant, JIBS also has an Advisory Board with external members tied to each Programme Group.
Examples of JIBS collaborations:
- Many courses utilize business experts as guest lecturers in the classroom.
- JIBS has a well-developed host company programme where students directly interact with local businesses to address course work.
- A close collaboration with the Jönköping Science Park creates the environment for innovative students to try out and commercialize their ideas.
- JIBS is actively involved with private and public sector organisations in the city of Jönköping, region of Småland, Sweden as well as internationally.
- JIBS has many research and educational partnerships across the globe.
Further information about our collaborations under the subheadings.
Content updated 2017-10-06