In Sweden, you can either buy or rent a house or an apartment. In the rental market, you will find both private and municipal landlords. 

In Jönköping Municipality, there are several landlords and housing corporations that provide rental housing. There are also a number of estate agents that can help you find accommodation. Hemnet is a website where you can find housing for sale on the Swedish market.

The housing market in Jönköping is strained and it can therefore be difficult to find housing. To apply for an apartment, you generally must register in a housing queue. To be able to register in a housing queue a Swedish personal identity number is usually required, but with some landlords a certified passport copy is enough.

When you have acquired accommodation, consider if  you may also need:

  • Electricity supply contract
  • TV, broadband, TV licence
  • Insurance

Most rentals are unfurnished. Whether you buy or rent accommodation, you will find a cooker, fridge and freezer in place. Heating and hot water are generally included in the rent, other services such as electricity, broadband etcetera may or may not be included.

Content updated 2018-04-24

We use cookies on JU.se. By continuing to use this site you accept the use of cookies. More information